Managed IT Services
Managed IT Services is the practice of outsourcing the day-to-day IT management and network technical support that is a necessity in every growing business.
Managed Services is used as a method of controlling costs and allowing the business owner more time to focus on the core of their business.
Immediate benefits will be gained when you outsource your IT services through 9spheres Technologies’ Managed IT Services.
Our Managed Service Agreements are designed to lower costs and increase efficiencies with the following benefits:
Benefits of Managed Services
- Management, typically by an outside third-party, of an organization's services and equipment related to computers, networks, or software, also known as outsourced Information Technology (IT).
- True Managed Service Providers are 100% responsible for the safety, security, and reliability of your IT infrastructure and work on a fixed-fee basis.
- This changes the incentive from “finding problems” to “preventing problems”.
- This business model also evens out the revenue stream for the MSP and fixes the IT budget for the client resulting in no ugly surprises from a billing standpoint.
- Trust increases substantially since the MSP now has assumed shared risk with the client enabling what can truly be called a partnership. You can rest assured that any decision we make or advice we give is in both of our best interests because if something goes wrong, it is at our expense.
- The typical Managed IT Services provides 24/7/365 network monitoring of all of your IT infrastructure.
- Help Desk is provided to answer your questions and your staff’s questions.
- 24x7x365 response for Server/Network Infrastructure emergencies.
- Provide technical support-onsite.
- Provide technical support-using remote connect tools.
- Assist you with hardware and software.
- You realize that IT is an integral part of your business.
- You understand that IT is no longer an optional expense, but, an operational expense.
- You want an IT firm that thinks like a Business Owner before thinking like IT technicians.
- You just want it all to work and function as it should!
- You do not want to mess around with IT issues.
- You understand what it costs your company for you to not focus on your top priorities.
- You do not want to be in the IT business.
- You do not want to deal with IT.
- You get frustrated trying to get techies to understand what you really need.
- You realize the hourly cost of downtime and business interruption is so much more than a technician’s hourly rate.
- You are finished with trying to manage depreciating assets.
- You are done with finding, hiring, and managing IT staff.
- You never want to deal with Technology vendors blaming each other.
- You realize that a break/fix IT support company is not incentivized to fix your problems.
- You put up with IT support issues because you do not want the trouble of changing to another support provider